Oiji




Over the weekend I got the opportunity to try a new restaurant in New York City called Oiji located in East Village.  Oiji is a Korean Restaurant that serves authentic Korean cuisine with modern cooking techniques. The interior decor was very modern dim lit type of restaurant, which can be set comfortably causal or can be romantic atmosphere.

My order consist of:
  • Fried Chicken with spicy soy vinaigrette
  • Homemade Tofu with scallion soy vinaigrette
  • Slow Cooked Oxtail with root vegetables
  • Gochujang Braised Chicken with winter vegetables
  • Truffle Seafood broth with sizzling crispy rice

 Fried Chicken with spicy soy vinaigrette - I really enjoy the Fried Chicken, the fried texture and the meat really comprehend well together.

Homemade Tofu with scallion soy vinaigrette - Not a big fan of this dish, I felt that this dish was processed into a blender making this dish awfully dry. 

Slow Cooked Oxtail with root vegetables - Unfortunately I didn't get to try this, but my husband said it was pretty good.  The meat was soft and has a nice flavor to it.
Gochujang Braised Chicken with winter vegetables - It's very well braised and the chicken is very soft that the meat falls off on it's own, however, the sauce is spicy.  I feel that this dish is more of an indian/chicken masala  type of dish than a Korean dish.  I really don't taste the
Gochujang.

Truffle Seafood broth with sizzling crispy rice - I ordered this dish and it took pretty long to arrive.  I really enjoyed my main dish, the crispy rice was really good, I really like the texture and the flavor especially when you infuse the crispy rice to the soup it adds a good combo flavor to it.  The seafood was very good and fresh, however the portion was small.  This dish will taste great on a cold winter day.
Overall it was a great experience of trying this new place and I enjoyed every minute of it.  The food was very delicious and felt very homey.  I highly recommend that you check out this restaurant, however, want to inform you that this restaurant doesn't take walk-ins.  You have to make a reservation in advance.

OIJI • 119 1ST AVE • NEW YORK, NY • 10003

Be sure to subscribe to my blog, and have a wonderful day!
QuickEdit
Cynthia
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to ask any questions or make any requests. I will try to respond to any of your questions or comments in the same entry, so check back for a response. Thanks for stopping by!

[name=Peony in Love] [img=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lJ7NRSv7dqs/V_KkHI737uI/AAAAAAAACuk/XULrPHYHCtw-IxGs3fD1bpnOTX3IY-S1wCK4B/s113/14225516_10154389970263449_7825587658037540456_n.jpg] [description=I'm a beauty blogger that enjoy shopping, running, fine dining ☕️ & traveling ✈️. I hope to share with you my daily expedition in the ❤️ of NYC.] (twitter=https://twitter.com/peonyinlove) (instagram=http://www.instagram.com/peonyinlove) (bloglovin=http://www.bloglovin.com/@peonyinlove)