The Cecil



I had another opportunity to try out a new restaurant called - THE CECIL, which is located in Harlem.  This restaurant was recommended by my husband who wants to try this unique Afro-Asian-American brasserie over the weekend. We started our night slowly as we checked in and there wasn't many people in the restaurant yet.  The interior and decor designs was very exquisite.  While being seated, I came across a few unique paintings.  I took an opportunity to take a few pictures of the painting.  
 
BRAISED LAMB RIBs - Za'atar Spiced Goat Yogurt, Curry Crunch
Then we started with few appetizers. We ordered the BRAISED LAMB RIBs - Za'atar Spiced Goat Yogurt, Curry Crunch and AFRO/ASIAN/AMERICAN OXTAIL DUMPLINGS - Green Apple Curry, Crispy Taro Root.  The Braised Lamb Ribs was pretty good, due to the crispiness texture.  I have a tendency not to order lamb because of the gamy flavor, but with this appetizer the gaminess of the lamb wasn't over powering at all.  Second appetizer was the AFRO/ASIAN/AMERICAN OXTAIL DUMPLINGS which I really enjoy.  I really like the ingredients that was  infused with the oxtail, the dumpling wrap was nice and soft.  I personally and highly recommend The Afro/Asian/American Oxtail dumpling appetizer to start off with.
AFRO/ASIAN/AMERICAN OXTAIL DUMPLINGS - Green Apple Curry, Crispy Taro Root
As for the Entrées, I ordered the Grilled Bone-in Ribs with Crispy Okra, Black-eyed Pea Salad and Black Pepper Sauce, this Entree that I ordered was pretty disappointing.  The ribs was just over powering with salt and the texture of the ribs wasn't soft.  With combination of saltiness and the rough texture, I just couldn't finish this entree.  
Grilled Bone-in Ribs with Crispy Okra, Black-eyed Pea Salad and Black Pepper Sauce
My husband ordered the Feijoada - Spicy Black Beans, Oxtails, Merguez Lamb Sausage, he was a bit disappointed as well because it was spicy and the oxtails was extremely small.  
Feijoada - Spicy Black Beans, Oxtails, Merguez Lamb Sausage
My friend ordered the GRILLED AHI TUNA - Buckwheat Noodles, Yuzu, Bok Choy, Chinese Pork Sausage, Curry Crunch, which was pretty good.  I had a small piece of her Tuna and it was infused with citrus in the Tuna.  I should have ordered the Tuna instead of a meaty dish, at least this was in par with my palette taste.  
GRILLED AHI TUNA - Buckwheat Noodles, Yuzu, Bok Choy, Chinese Pork Sausage, Curry Crunch,
Highlight of the night was dessert and I highly recommend that you should order a dessert before leaving.  I ordered the BAOBAB - Baobab Ganache, Olive Oil Cake, Lavender Honey Ice Cream, Raspberries, Hibiscus Cream.  Each bite was heavenly sweet, I tasted what the descriptions described, it was refreshing and wasn't overpowering sweet.
BAOBAB - Baobab Ganache, Olive Oil Cake, Lavender Honey Ice Cream, Raspberries, Hibiscus Cream.
Overall it was a great experience of trying something different and ending with a sweet note.  I would recommend in trying this place out.  The atmosphere was just lovely and the staffs are pretty nice and friendly.

THE CECIL • 210 WEST 118TH STREET AT ST. NICHOLAS AVENUE NEW YORK, NY 10026 •  (212) 866-1262

Be sure to subscribe to my blog, and have a wonderful day!
QuickEdit
Cynthia
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to ask any questions or make any requests. I will try to respond to any of your questions or comments in the same entry, so check back for a response. Thanks for stopping by!

[name=Peony in Love] [img=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lJ7NRSv7dqs/V_KkHI737uI/AAAAAAAACuk/XULrPHYHCtw-IxGs3fD1bpnOTX3IY-S1wCK4B/s113/14225516_10154389970263449_7825587658037540456_n.jpg] [description=I'm a beauty blogger that enjoy shopping, running, fine dining ☕️ & traveling ✈️. I hope to share with you my daily expedition in the ❤️ of NYC.] (twitter=https://twitter.com/peonyinlove) (instagram=http://www.instagram.com/peonyinlove) (bloglovin=http://www.bloglovin.com/@peonyinlove)